History is for all children from junior infants to sixth class. The curriculum supports children to develop basic skills as an historian through a knowledge and understanding of people, events and developments in the past.
The curriculum is presented in two sections:
- Time and chronology
- Using evidence
- Change and continuity
- Synthesis and communication
- Cause and effect
- Myself and my family
- Early people and ancient stories
- Life, society, work and culture in the past
- Eras of change and conflict
- Politics, conflict and society
- Continuity and change over time.